Tuesday, November 12, 2013

6th And Final Day In The Dump

Well today was my 6th day in a row at the dump, the last of this trip to Thailand. I am spent, face beet red, back sore, worn down and out.

Today I decided to go to the dump later(wanted to see the later day activities) and arrived after buying my first class bus ticket back to Bangkok at about 1215pm, HIGH NOON. Most of the people were hiding in the shade somewhere when I arrived with my 100 photos to hand out and my 3 (heavy) care packages. I got rid of the heavy rice bags as fast as I could in the first 1/2 hour before handing out the photos the rest of the day.

I had numerous requests to do up photos for families, they do not realize I am heading back to Bangkok tomorrow and will not return here for at least 5 months probably longer. I told some Burmese families that spoke some Thai what I was doing, that I would be returning to Bangkok, then Canada and come back to the dump next year sometime but I am not sure that message will be spread. I am low on funds and need to go back to Canada to work so I can return and do more photos in the future. I have been unable to get an artist grant to continue this project so I have to fund it entirely with my security guard salary.

Anyway it was a long hard last day, along with the care packages and photos I also gave out some small candies and some money to 3 men (fathers) who work very hard each day supporting their families.