Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kathmandu In The Day And At 3am In The Morning.

Did a 3am to 530am walk through Kathmandu the other night, it was a totally different world. The streets here have no lights, so after about 2am its almost completely dark outside. You have to walk carefully because the ground is so uneven and its a bit spooky at times, especially near the bat flying area. It seemed so strange to be able to see such bright stars at night, Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal yet the stars were as clear and bright here as they are in the rocky mountains during a camping trip. In the day its chaos, people everywhere, cars honking, people selling, Nepalese and Tourists every few feet and night, nada, nothing at all!

The only down side to the nights walk was it was quite cold and I was bare foot wearing sandals and a light vest (no jacket), I ended up catching a nasty cold as a result. I am struggling now to get over the running nose, sore throat and body aches before I return to Canada. The last thing I want to do is be feeling crappy, coughing and blowing my nose for 24 hours on 3 different planes back to Edmonton. At least this illness happened after my shooting was over, so its not really that big a deal.