Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cold Shower, Hot Tap Water

The adventures at my hotel continue, I have changed rooms which got me a good quality heater at night, the TV still does not work and the shower sort of works. Sometimes when I turn the 1950s style faucet handles the shower heats up after about 5 minutes but last night it did not. I turned on the shower which was very cold and stayed cold, what was odd was that when I turned on the hot faucet in the bathroom sink it was very hot. So now I was faced with the problem of how to wash fat boy Gerry when the shower is shooting out freezing water and the sink is pouring out burning hot water. I ended up sort of splashing both hot and cold water on my body at the same time using both my hands (reaching across the width of the bathroom). It was rather a delicate washing situation, I was trying not to burn or freeze any important body parts!