Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What I Want To Say, The Story Of The Sex Worker

I have been thinking a lot about the coming Toot Yung show and what I want to show, what I want to say. I am the one showing my work, I should be making the decisions on what is shown with influence from Mimi. I need to put together a collection of work that tells the story I want to tell in a way that I see it.

What interest me about shooting sex workers is the variables involved in that industry and in the individual emotions of the workers. Why not create a show that says sex worker but also speaks to all the different aspects of it. Hardship/exploitation, business, sorrow/joy, sexuality, gender issues etc show the business of sex work from all its angles in one show, no customers only workers. I could draw on my library of negs dating back to 1996 and tell this story.

Show title? " Body Sellers"