Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bus To Mae Sod

I had a nice 7 hour overnight bus ride to Mae Sot Thailand from Bangkok. The bus had plenty of legroom, provided you with a blanket, water and a little box of treats. The one really annoying part was the guy sitting in front of me who might have been Indian or Bangladeshi. This guy went to the rudeness hall of fame to study, let me list the annoyances:

1) Loud 1/2 hour of talking on his cellphone
2) Loud nose blowing into tissue
3) He almost amputated my legs above the knees when he did a quick vertical recline in his chair without any warning to me, sending all the stuff I had on the seat tray flying.
4) More loud nose blowing followed by various snorts, hoots and howls.
5) Running out of tissue he took his bus provided blanket and start blowing his nose into that, he would blow away then rub off any excess wastage with the blanket.
6) Continued blowing of the nose into the bus blanket, this went on all trip, I counted 4 times. Feel sorry for the poor sod who has to wash these things.

Outside of Mr. Rude I had a nice trip, I fell asleep a few times and the time flew by, they also provided a midway trip meal of boiled rice with chicken, all for about 680 Baht ($23 CAD).