Thursday, May 16, 2013

Toot Yung Gallery Looking Good!

I had a relapse today and spent most of the night coughing and in the bathroom but things are slowly improving again. I need to take things day by day (running out of days) but still have 38 sheets of 4x5 I would like to shoot before leaving Bangkok. Today I decided to take it easy, I slept in had a very small simple breakfast then went down to see the renovations on the Toot Yung Gallery, scheduled to open in June/July of 2013. The space is going to be wonderful, it will be a first class gallery that will be showing challenging work, is a real gift to the art scene in Bangkok.

I made a number of videos and pictures in the space which was filled with workers today rushing to make the deadline for the gallery opening, I will post the photos later in Canada  when I can re size them. The gallery includes a very long wall that is lit with both artificial and daylight and a shorter well lit wall opposite, in the back outside there is a wonderfully large beautiful tree along with a patio and bar. On the 3rd floor of the gallery is a large artist residence (the floor I would be living on when the show happens).

To be connected by this gallery is very exciting, to have the work shown there and to work with a artistic director/curator like Mimi should be even more exciting. I hope this first show will lead to other shows. I want my work to evolve and develop, people like Mimi can help me see in new ways, she can help me with my creativity and vision, exciting times!

Ain't Photography Grand!