Thursday, March 14, 2019

We Have Water!!

The plumber was in yesterday to hook up my 3 sinks. He connected 2 faucets, 5 drains and my water temp mixing device (not sure what these things are called). The plumber also fixed up sink and drain in a room I hope to rent to help pay the bills on mom and dads home. The total cost for everything was $640, not as terrible as I feared.

Everything went well, the only problem was with the water temp mixer thingy, there is a persistent drip when I am use it. I have tried lots of different things to stop the leak, nothing working so far. I hope to be able to use this device to allow me to wash film and prints at a constant easily set water temperature. Also hope to use it to quickly get to the proper water temperature when mixing chemistry. This thing was given to me years ago by a pro photo lab that was closing down. I have another 2 mixing valves that I could try replacing it with if all else fails.

Below are some shots of the new connected sinks. I am in wash mode now, have dish pan hands! Washing all my tanks, containers and trays, lots to do there. The big ass double metal restaurant sink that dad bought for me (he asked if I could use it before buying it 20 years ago) is especially good for this big time washing stuff. Tonight felt like the old days when I used to wash pots and dishes as a part time job. In darkroom #2 it was more fun thou, got to listen to great classical pieces, early rock and jazz (John Coltrane) on my $60 stereo system. Washing to the tunes!

This darkroom is almost ready to work in. I still need to light proof the 3 doors, finish the cleaning, bring in a few more things but I am almost ready to whirl. I should be mixing up some fresh chemistry soon. Still looking for my machine chemical mixer and a big safe light I bought years back. Most everything else I need is in the space already.

As you can see in the photos, I put down some anti fatigue mats, to help with the long hours of standing. Going to be an old man soon, got to prepare for that. I can print my lifetime of negs now Large prints, small prints, in prints in Platinum, whatever! I can also use the space as my wet plate area.

Note* I put screws into the floor feet of the sink legs. This helped stabilize my home made sink stands. They are are not that bad, pretty solid. The stand I made is actually more stable than the one I got for free (thrown in with the black plastic sink).

LIFE IS GOOD TODAY, AM IN A HAPPY PLACE!

Leaky mixing valve thingy
Big deep double washing sink
Sinks #2 and #3 fished with washed items from sink #1, gosh thats a lot of sinks!
Anti fatigue mat under condenser enlarger
Wide darkroom #2 view
My pretty new space
Drying
Banarama (Poloroid Conversion Camera) and Stereo Camera
Blad with 55mm lens and Canon 1/2 frame camera
Fuji 65mm 6x9 camera and Rolleiflex F
Chess game (I am white) and Japanese Ambrotypes (super beautiful)
Anti fatigue mats
Nong and Pong with some Russian cameras