Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Facebook: A Bunch Of Stuff Happening Today


A bunch of stuff happening today, photo wise (no pics being made but photo related none the less). Am doing some buying and getting some work done in darkroom #2.
I picked up 2 ambrotypes on the cheap, got me a Leica R6.2 body and the plumber is banging, drilling and working away hooking up my 3 darkroom sinks! Hope he does a good job, a bit worried about it all. My beautiful space, that I alone have worked on has some stranger doing his thing now. It seems so impersonal! 
I already own several R6 bodies but decided to get an upgraded R6.2 today ($450 USD plus shipping). Will probably be taking 2, maybe 3 R bodies to Thai to go along with the 21mm, 24mm and 60 mm lens. I will also take my fast 35mm F1.4 M lens on a Leica M6. These cameras work great, and are highly reliable. Will be shooting Tri-x in them, the greatest film ever made.
Got me 2 ambrotypes as well, dating back to the 1860s?-1870s? Check out the cheeky Ambrotype of the guy wearing his tall top hat, he must have been quite a character in his day. I wonder how long he lived, what his back story is.
Anyway rather an expensive day but is all for a good cause, all working towards various photo goals. Those goals include the coming Thai trip (Families of the Dump) photos, platinum and wet plate photography in darkroom #2.