Saturday, March 9, 2019

Limping Coyote

Just saw a limping coyote for the second time. I am working security here in Canada on night shift. Earlier I had seen the little guy-gal on my Admin guard shack parking lot camera, just saw it again when I did a patrol through the Admin building. Poor thing, probably starving. When your a predator and you cannot run effectively, your done, you suffer before starving to death.

I found some frozen fish stick stuff and some potato tots in the Admin fridge and put them out there for him (far from where people move about). Not sure he will eat that type thing thou, not sure he will even find it but thought it was worth a shot. Better to try and help then not just ignore a living creatures pain.

I would probably get into trouble here at work if people knew I gave a wild coyote food but gosh I cannot let an innocent animal suffer like that. He was out in the open by the front road, in a semi isolated area and not inside the plant fence line where the people are. Will keep an eye out for my little friend over the weekend. If he can stay fed long enough for his foot to possibly recover, maybe the coyote has a small chance of survival.

My Little Friend, or at least his cousin. Photo by Mike Walker