Friday, March 1, 2019

From Facebook: Holding Hands Story

Just wrote this memory down as a description for one of the photos from an earlier post....made me think I should post it by itself....
"Families of the Dump" (2017-2018) test photos. The child in the top left photo reached out and held my hand in the completely black darkness of the dump as I was making photos. I was standing, looking for something to photograph when suddenly I just felt her take and hold my hand, I did not even realize she was next to me. This happened more than once with more than one child in my 4 months or so of shooting pictures and doing donations. The children are so lovely, being with them was life changing, their smiles, laughter. It is hard for me to put it into words. All I know is I got to get my lazy ass back there and help them again.(Canon 5D Mark 3, at 10000 ASA)

The young hand holding child from the dump.