Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Plumbers Work So Far

The plumber Jay ran off to get a few more parts. I took a few snaps of the work so far. Not sure the temp mixing valve device I got used will work, hope it will, there is a chance of leakage. He put in shutoff valves for me, just in case it does leak.

Jay is using flexible piping material, not copper piping. Maybe the flexible hose will allow for more give and take with my rather shaky sink set up. A less rigid hook ups (copper and soldering) that with a bit of movement will not break down as easily. Hope it lasts and hope it does not cause problems in the future. Will ask him about how long it will last etc.

Update* Just spoke to the plumber. He said the copper is 2 times the cost and 3 times the labor. He said that they have been using this flexible piping stuff (forget what he called it) since the 1990s and that no residential housing uses copper any longer, not for 15 years or so. Said that this stuff will last longer than copper. Ok thats fine, I am 54, ain't going to live forever! He also said the flexibility of the tubing might also help with the set up of my sinks.

Ongoing work