Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Clareview Library Show

Today I got a nice opportunity to show the of the "Family of the Dump" pictures at the Clareview Library here in Edmonton. Any opportunity to show the work is a good opportunity. There is of course no artist fee, and it ain't exactly MOMA but heck a chance to show the work is a chance to show the work. There is also the chance that in the future this could lead to a Artist Talk somewhere in the vast web of the Edmonton Public Library System.

They have a set up of glass 6 glass shelves measuring  over 22 inch long a piece. I can place one 2 framed and matted 16x20 photos on each shelve (one facing each direction). I will to do up a artist statement for the public to read. One shelf might be used to show the donation work done at the dump. I could even include some of the artifacts I have recovered (toys and the like found in the garbage). The photos have to be geared to a family audience (do not want to traumatize anyone!) but I think this could be a small but effective presentation. It is set for August 2019, not sure how long it will run after my return from Thailand.

Because most of my "Families of the Dump" prints are still in Penticton I will have to reprint the work used or use some of my older pre printed work. Not sure which images will be shown just yet, most likely a mix of film and digital work.

Note* The library branch is filled with children, maybe the work will inspire one to do their own art, or to help those in need somewhere somehow. Sometimes things like this have many positive repercussions.

Clareview library and recreation centrelbuilding
2 of the cabinet areas the pictures will be shown in.