Wednesday, September 7, 2016

More Dupree Music

Found and bought some more music from my old friend Dupree Bolton. This time the music is on CDs, I guess there was a reissue-remaster of his music a few years back.

I was thinking this morning I might be one of the few people left alive that knew him, that heard his music live. Strange how life is. What could this man have created without the heroin addiction? At least the music I bought survives. That is what is really cool about art and artists. Long after you die, your art can live on. Dupree is long dead but his albums live on. In a sense he will never die, his trumpet playing will loved for generations, maybe forever.

Here are the 2 Cds I bought this morning. Both of these date to I think around 1959-63:

Harold Land with Dupree Bolton "The Fox"
Dupree Bolton "Fireball"