Friday, September 2, 2016

Coverage Of My ULF Lens

Got some good news. I tested both my 21 inch  Ilex Process lens and my 450mm Nikon (Q) F 9 on my 14x17 camera. Both lens seem to cover 14x17 easily! Outstanding!!

I found the 450mm quite a bit wider than I expected and had to readjust the front standard (unscrewing and bringing it in more) to achieve proper focus. I should be able to use this lens to do tighter portraits, maybe even heads. My original plan was to do a series of tight heads on 14x17 X-ray film in the studio with the Speedotron 4800 w lighting. The strobe light allows for F64 with Tri-x (200 ASA) and should allow for about F16  with the X-ray film stuff (50 ASA?).

Anyway, both lens cover 14x17, a good thingy. I wonder how they will do at 16x20? Need to set up that "May Lee" again soon and do some testing.

Here are links to the original blogs written about the 2 lens mentioned above:
Ilex Process 21 inch F10
450mm Nikon F9