Friday, September 16, 2016

Link: Chemistry Buys

I did a big chemical buy of Kodak D-76 and Fixer yesterday from my local photo supply store McBain Camera.  Came away with something like 19 bags of D-76 and 14 of Fix. Luckily I got the old price which was still on the packages. The old price was substantially cheaper then the new cost will be. Each bag I think is going up around $5-$7 a package. Been buying at McBains for most all of my photo life, almost 40 years now. I think thou that might be it for my darkroom chemistry. Stopped buying photo paper there years ago for the same reason, rising prices.

A few minutes ago I did my first online buy of D-76, Fixer and 3-5 litre bottles of Ilford's rapid fix from B&H in New York. With free delivery from the States and the cheapest prices available B&H Photo Video seems the likely place I will get my chemistry for the rest of my darkroom life. I also have the option of mixing everything from scratch in the coming years. I would just need to buy bulk chemistry and mix D-76, Dectol, Fix etc. by hand.
B&H Chemicals