Thursday, September 15, 2016

First Try At X-Ray FIlm

Going to try to shoot 4 sheets of X-Ray film in the next few days. The film is green sensitive Agfa NIF 100, I got 100 sheets of it off eBay for $88 USD plus shipping. Will take 2 portraits and 2 landscapes on a trip I am making to Jasper on Friday.

I loaded 4 sheets quite easily into my holders and spent most of the rest of my morning researching possible development methods, times, chemistry and the ASA for shooting in daylight.

I will try this to start:
- 50 ASA in daylight
- Rodinal 1/200 for 6 minutes 30 seconds in a tray.
- Will be very careful of scratching during the wet phase. This film has a double sided emulsion (some X Ray films only have emulsion on one side) and is very susceptible to scratching when wet.

Lets see how this goes. If this X Ray experiment does not work for me will use only film and wet plate in my 14x17 ULF camera.