Friday, September 2, 2016

Full Geared ULF Photography

I set the new 14x17 camera up on the large Linhof tripod with my large Manfrotto 3063 geared head. Setting the camera up this way allows me FULL geared movements for my Ultra Large Format 14x17 (also  my 11x14, 16x20?). I can do up and down movements with the centre post on the tripod and left-right , tilt forward-tilt back and 360 degree circles with the geared head. This head also has a quick release function allowing for quick attachment of this large camera to the tripod.

The tripod and head seem to be able to handle the 14x17 camera weight fairly easily. Hopefully I can use this set up in the field, it will help so much with composition. I can mount the camera quickly and then let the gears do the rest. Composing and working with such a large piece of equipment could be made quite easy with this tripod-head combo.