Friday, September 2, 2016

LPs

Getting me a new cheap type record player to use in the darkroom. Over the last couple of months I have been collecting old style black vinyl records. They can be found cheap for $1-3 or even cheaper at discount 2nd hand stores like "The Salvation Army", "Value Village" and "Goodwill". I had an older record player that I hoped to use with these new sound purchases but unfortunately it is not working very well so I bought a cheaper $147 CAD Technic model off eBay a few days ago. I hope to be printing dads show prints soon while listening to Mozart, BB King, Elvis and Sinatra on LP!! This should be great! Music helps make for a better printing environment and better finished prints, W. Eugene Smith swore by it!

There is is something surreal and truly beautiful about listening to great music as you create photographs in a wet darkroom. I have experienced nothing quite like it before and it is one of the reasons I will never give up working in the dark.

Note* My darkroom is wired for all kinds of sound and has multiple speakers hooked up to various amplifies. I can listen to radio, VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs, cassettes and now vinyl records.