Monday, September 19, 2016

Developed My First Sheet of 11x14 HP5

Finally did the development on the single sheet of 11x14 HP5 I shot at "Cross Lake" a month or so back. Developed it in a tray with Rodinal 1/100 for 20 minutes at 20C.  The neg looks thin again, maybe a BF or development issue (I believe I got the exposure right). The other problem is as predicted the holder issue, I could not fit the film in well or after making the exposure close the dark slide properly. There is about a 1 inch fog on the side of the neg where that holder issue took place. I will need to fix the holders before using them again. So far so good with 11x14. That camera also seems to be functioning at 100% with a light tight bellows etc. I need to figure out my negative density issues (development times-agitation in a tray), and fix up the holders.

I have an option to buy 4 -11x14 and 2-14x17 holders for a cheaper price from this same seller. I will probably go with the 14x17s not sure on the 11x14s just yet.

Things are coming along slowly but surely on my ULF learning curve. Brick by brick builds the Grand Cathedral.