Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Fun Day

Still working towards dropping some tonnage. Did a round of golf yesterday and put 23km on the bike today. I love being on the bike, today I was riding in the river valley area of the city, truly beautiful. If I can keep this up for 6 months and watch my diet things will improve. Hopefully having less weight to lug around will also be beneficial to my photography.

I need to get back into the dark tomorrow and print a photo of my father for the Rosebud show in September. I am thinking of doing the shot of bands of light on dads face with his eye staring through. I made this picture the last week of my father life and was able to show him the print. I said to him "I like the way your eye looks back in the picture", my father said "What eye?" I showed him the eye and he said "Oh yes", he recognized and saw what I was referring to. The conversation took place about 2 days before dad died, he was thinking clearly and communicating until the end of his life. I miss talking to him so much.

I want to do up this picture for the show. I will upload some photos from the darkroom work later.