Sunday, May 17, 2015

First Roll With The Plaubel Makina 67

Here are a few scans with my first roll in the new Makina 67. I like the bokeh, I think it should work well. Am a bit worried at how close I can focus with this camera. Minimum focusing distance is 1 meter with a 80mm lens in the 6x9 format. Exposures were using the internal meter set at 200ASA for Tri-x, at 1/250th and F2.8. The camera made beautiful sharp easy to print negs with good contrast.

The bokeh is especially beautiful in the closer shots, it creates a real surreal effect. I now feel I did not make a mistake buying this camera

Update* Not all the negs on the roll of 10 exposures are sharp but some definitely are. I think this is a result of shooting at F2.8 (little depth of focus) and my inexperience using this camera. Hopefully I can get a higher percentage of sharp negs at F2.8 with continued practise. I also need to try F4 to see what that bokeh looks like, I should have more focusing room error at F4.

Note* These 2 photos were sharpened a bit in photoshop express.

Lisa full body
Lisa head and shoulders