Saturday, May 30, 2015

Link: My Graflex Belonged To Photojournalist Fred Tonne

The Graflex RB 4x5 Super D I bought this week belonged to Fred Tonne, who worked for the Milwaukee Journal Newspaper. Fred's estate has been sold bit by bit on Ebay after he passed away back sometime in 2012-2013. I have been trying to do more some research on him, I found this photo, I think Fred is the older man sitting down. He had a long career as a photojournalist including working in Vietnam. The Graflex I bought was a camera he used for his personal photos, it was not a press camera.

I hope I can continue to make strong photos with Fred's camera. I am sure he did some good photography with it, now it is my turn.
https://milleica.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/special-guest-at-the-darkroom-fred-tonne/
August 2011