Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Camera Arriving Friday

I got dinged with $43.79 worth of duty/taxes for the Plaubel Makina 67. The camera is in Anchorage Alaska but the data for duty already arrived in Edmonton (go figure). Now that I have made that payment the camera is free to ship to my home, I should receive it on Friday. I will shoot it the day it arrives, develop the film and post the samples before Monday. The total cost of the camera is now $1710 CAD, it better damn well be worth it!

Am excited and hoping that this new camera will become a very important tool for my "Forgotten Laughter" book project. Right now the thinking is to use the 5x7 large format Linhof for full body vertical portraits and the 6x7 medium format Makina for closer portraits. When making the pics, one day I will go out shooting with the 5x7 and Leica's, the next day, a resting day, with just the Makina and Leica's.

"Ain't Photography Grand!" taxes and duty suck but "Photography is Grand!!"