Thursday, January 17, 2019

Third Sink Frame Build

Been tinkering and struggling to get my 3rd sink frame build. Today it all finally took some shape. I plan to add a long bar around both sides of the sink to help stabilize it and keep it from moving. I might also lower the legs by about 3 inches. I need to have a sink set up that a variety of people can use. If I hope to use this space for workshops and as a rental darkroom, it needs to be uni-person in design

Anyway things are coming together nicely on the sink set up-layout. If I can finish this thing up this week, next week off I will bring in the plumber to hook everything up. Then darkroom #2 will be much closer to completion.

The hardest part of this build process is that I have been forced to buy parts from three different stores as no one store has everything I need. Will be going to get more pieces tonight to complete the build. Then there will be a big return day, when I take back all the left over stuff. Building this sink stand has been quite expensive, way more than I actually paid for the sinks (less than $100 for 2).

Possible sink layout. The black sink would be an island sink you could access from both sides
The sink stand I am working on