Sunday, January 13, 2019

236 lbs

Did my bi weekly weighing thing tonight and found I was down to 236 pounds. That is minus 14 pounds from my start off weight of 250 about a month and a bit ago. So far my weight loss attempt is going pretty well. Was quite hungry this morning but most days I am able to control the eating urges with multiple small lower calorie meals. I am 11 pounds from my target goal of 225. I wanted to get down to 225 before I leave for Thailand and the dump in May. Looks like I might be able to get to that weight early. The trick will be to maintain it and not balloon up again. If I get to 225lbs early, I might try for 215 (might!).

I am doing this for two reasons, one, for my overall health and two, to be able to handle the hardships of the dump better. Being a 55 (turn 55 in April) year fat dude walking through garbage loaded down with rice, boots, headlamps, medicine, candy, 2-4 cameras, film etc. IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!!! If I can trim the weight along with more exercise then I should be better able to handle the challenges of daily dump visits. My last trip I broke down somewhat, things got sore and worn out and I picked up a nagging cough (just like the people who live in-work in the dump). Training and getting more fit before I get to the garbage, seems like a smart idea.

I am also raising the amount of exercises I do. As of today am doing extra stairs each security round, plus stretching, sit ups, crunches and 50 pushups a night shift. I need to do more of that, raising those numbers before my departure in May. My bike was stolen so I cannot cycle but I should probably start up swimming again, any swimming of any kind would be beneficial.

Photos made int he Mae Sot garbage dump 2013-2015