Thursday, January 24, 2019

Free Sony Cordless Headphones

I was looking around for some cordless headphones to use with my new-used $25 stereo in darkroom #2. One of the problems I am facing with this new work area is noise. Because the darkroom is located int he basement of my mother and fathers old home there will also be 1 or possibly 2 renters sharing that same basement, in 2 different suites adjacent suites next to the darkroom. I do not want to disturb them, so I needed to figure out some way to listen to tunes in the darkroom at night using a higher volumes without worrying about waking up the renters. I decided the best way and probably only way to go was to use some kind of cordless headphone system. These headphones needed to be the older analog style types, not the newer style Bluetooth types (very easy to find).

Where to get them?

I remembered that at work in my security guardhouse we used to use cordless headphones to give orientations to contractors (keeping things quiet in the guard shack). Several years back, probably 4 or 5 years we stopped using the headphones ( they worked sometimes, did not work others). I asked my bosses at work if I could have those old headphone, and they said yes! So tonight I cleaned them up (inches of dust on them). I now have 1 transmitter and 3 new-used headphones for the darkroom. I will take them home and try to hook them up to the new-used stereo I am getting next week. Hopefully everything works well and will allow me to have a fully functioning darkroom QUIET sound system for $25 only (the price of the stereo).

Free headphones, can't beat that! I think these things retailed at around $100 when they were bought 10 years or so ago.

Set of 3 free cordless headphones from Sony