Sunday, January 20, 2019

Finished Painting And Old Found Things

Am officially finished the painting of darkroom #2. Thank goodness! am sick of the whole painting thing.

Am now cleaning out an old closet in the room filled with my high school notebooks and the like. Even have certificates in there from when I was a elementary school safety guard and when I passed grades 3, 4 and 5. Also found an old school notebook binder of my moms (must have gotten it from her parents old farm decades ago. I will take it to her today so she can see it. Also got to take her a CD player, some clothes, a large map of the world (moms request).

While I was digging through the garbage in the old closet (the room was my bedroom before it became dads kitchen), I also found many photos of my father. I will hang those old RC prints in my darkroom. Also found some photos done back in West Oakland California (ghetto area) back when I was 21. A few portraits and a combined multpiple shot framed picture of a man shooting Heroin.

Sort of sad revisiting my old life in that closet and throwing much of it out. Am keeping the old binders from the school days but throwing out all the notes, tests etc., from math, science high school classes etc.

Note* I also found lots of chess stuff in the closet. Am now getting back into that game. Will have several running chess problems and games in the darkroom I can RUMINATE OVER them as I work on the photography. It is soothing for me to think out chess positions and problems.
The closet
New fridge location, on counter top, on top of one of the freezers

Old found drug taking photo series