Monday, January 7, 2019

A Darkroom Reading Area!!! And Other Darkroom #2 Stuff

Decided to try to set up a darkroom reading area as part of my darkroom #2 build. When your working a darkroom there are lots of down times where your waiting on a wash, or waiting for something to dry etc. Why not use that time in a productive way, learning and thinking or in other words READING!

I got an reading lamp from my moms old bedroom, and salvaged an old pillow style chair I was going to throw out and WALLAH!!! A darkroom reading area! I had already cleaned and painted up an small book shelf behind the chair in an old spice cabinet my dad used to use.

Now I can print-develop film and read about the lives of Raphael-Michelangelo-Rembrandt-Van Gogh- Munch- Smith-Salgado-Arbus-Hines-Weston-Strand etc, I can read the poetry of Yeates or the novels of Twain and Dickens, while I work in this darkroom. Heck I will probably go hang down there when I am not printing, listening to music, reading and thinking. How much better can life get than that? Fricking awesome!

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"
New reading chair and light with partly filled bookshelf behind
Will try installing one of these water temperature control valves, I got used on the cheap
Free filing cabinet to help organize my negs
Dads old bread rack, 5 metal shelves on wheels,. Tobe used to store trays, photo paper etc
Anti fatigue mats which I will place on the floor around the sink island and in between the enlargers and sinks