Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Painting Continues

Spent my first day off work, painting all night. This time it was purple paint in the freezer (3 of them) half of darkroom #2. Cleaning and moving the small freezer, cleaning some more, then puttying holes before painting the wall behind the freezer.  Also cleaned and painted the frames and wall areas of 2 of the 3 in the space.

The other parts of the night were spent setting up the safe, as well as a new TV I bought for $40 and a small fridge I picked up for $65. The seller said the fridge was new, only 2 weeks old and that he paid $150 for it. He asked $75, I offered $65 and went to pick it up tonight with the truck. The TV is an older model 32 inch from Emerson. I bought it mostly because the seller was only 3 minutes driver from the fridge guy. Two birds with one stone sort of thing. I also pick up a Pentax super tough body digi camera, used mountaineering etc. Got 4 batteries with for $40, not a bad deal, plan to use it in the dump. I need a tough point and shoot digital for situations like that. Not worrying if gets dirty, wet or banged around is comforting.

The most difficult part of the night was lugging a large heavy mattress up the the front stairs to the top floor. Dad and I would have gotten that done in a few minutes it too me over half an hour of large effort. Dad used to move fridges-freezers up and down those same stares when he was in his 70s. He was definitely a stronger man that me. Strong in many ways.

Here is a look at some of the new Kijji used toys, that should add a comfort level to darkroom #2. Tonight as I was working I had "12 Angry Men" (Henry Fonda) on the tube. Mostly just listened to it, there was not much watching. The plan is to play movies I know, that I have seen many times, there is a comfort level there and it will help me pass the time when I am doing things that do not require a lot of concentration. Hope this $40 TV lasts 5 years. Even if only lasts a couple of years it's a good deal, $20 a year.

This is the model camera I got for $40, a Pentax Optio WG-2
$65 Fridge, loaded with pop, water, apple juices, and glasses (to keep them clean)
Free tube TV,  free positive projection negative tool (you view the negatives as positives on the TV), and large light table
The purple part of the room
$50 fire safe (rated for 1 hour) for my most important negatives The top shelf has various contact printing frames
Small stereo area with cassettes and CDs
$40 TV with cheap DVD player
Wide view of darkroom, enlargers, sinks and TV stand (from dads days in the space) with new TV