Friday, August 15, 2014

Links: Different Destinys

Found this video online today of a lucky young girl who is being raised by a Western father and a Thai mother. In the video they are visiting Burma it's a beautiful little film that shows the love of her parents and how lucky some of us are when we are born into a world with money. I could not help comparing the future of this young child with the Burmese children I photographed in the dump (second video), who dig in garbage to survive. Both vids have children with loving parents but their future lives and opportunities are so different.

http://burmabeat.com/videos/show/burma-1-4-may-2014/5369a373140ba04f3d8b4579
http://vimeo.com/91131638

I have to a better job next time with the 5x7 portrait series. I need to communicate the story of the lives of  "The children of the dump" with more power and scope. Raising awareness and telling the stories of forgotten people is always a good thing. I owe the "Families of the Dump" a great debt, they have welcomed me and allowed me into their lives, I must do work that is worthy of that trust.