Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dads Eyes

My fathers eyes keep haunting me, he did not talk much yesterday but his eyes watched me. He has lost so much weight that is eyes look sunken back in his face now. I wish I could do something to make him feel better. He smiled and laughed one time yesterday and that was so nice to see. Today when I visit I will take him the photos I took of the family last night. That is one great thing about digi photography it is extremely fast, no down time.

Dad is entering the part of his illness where he is becoming more and more physically isolated, he is losing the ability to do do things one at a time. People talk about their loved ones dying and you nod your head knowingly but until you experience it first hand you really have no idea how much it hurts.

Dads eyes keep coming back to me now as I try to sleep, all I can do is think of him, sleep does not come. I will try again.

Dad and mom laughing yesterday