Sunday, August 24, 2014

Exposure Photography Festival, Possible Show

The details are very limited at present but it looks like there is a good chance I might be part of a group show in early 2015. The show would be part of the Exposure Photography Festival. The festival has been taking part in Calgary, Banff and Canmore since 2004 and now is spreading to other locations in the province of Alberta. The next Exposure Photography Festival will add Lethbridge and Alberta's capital Edmonton (where I live).

I should have more info on the show in the coming weeks, the festival takes part in February. I would need at least 4 months to print maybe longer. I would probably use my existing stock of 16x20 photo paper in warm and cool tone depending on the subject. Not sure how many photographs would be exhibited, my current guess would be 10-25 b/w 16x20 prints framed to 20x24. There would be no shipping costs or additional framing matting costs as I have enough frames and cut mats in stockNot sure what I would exhibit if this happens.

I have several options:

1) "Families of the Dump" Burmese families living and working in the Mae Sot Thailand garbage dump.
2) "Dads Last Days" My fathers last days as he deals with cancer.
3) "Nepal Images" Photos from leprosy clinics, migrant farmers, street kids.
4) "Slum Boxers" Muay Thai boxing gym in Klong Toey Slum
5) A combination of all of the above.

I think number 5 might be my best bet, I would have the top selection of images and I could include number 2 which would be a tribute to my father. I could tell dad that his photos will be hanging in February he might like that. All photos exhibited would be new work from the about the last 2-3 years..

Not a 100% sure this is happening but if it does I will post full details later. his would be my second photography festival, I did PhotoNOLA  in New Orleans last year.

Here are some links to past Exposure festival work, the best photographers in the province have shown in past years.

http://www.exposurephotofestival.com/competition.html
https://www.youtube.com/user/ExposureFest?feature=mhee
http://www.calgaryherald.com/swerve/Exposure+Photo+Festival/7900277/story.html?__federated=1