Thursday, June 26, 2014

Todays Stuff

The work continues on reorganizing the basement of my place outside of the darkroom. I still have lots of stuff I took out of the old darkroom set up laying around and in the way. I am also reorganizing some of my photography books. You know you got to many photo books when you have a full room upstairs devoted to photography (my photo library) and you till have piles of books downstairs on the floor. I am now stacking and dusting a number of those books, some that I forgot I owned. One of the great ways to learn and grow as a photographer is to study the work of others, that's why I got all the books. I need to organize them better so I can refer to them as needed. There is nothing for frustrating than not finding a book when your looking for it, except maybe not finding a neg!

The photo workshop dates are lining up, I have one on Sunday and one on July 24th, so that will allow me to purchase the box of Ilford 16x20 warmtone fibre paper. This paper will be used in my next show, if and when that ever happens. I need to find a venue for the "Families of the Dump" work.

Tonight I developed 2 rolls of 120 made of dad with the blad and ring flash. If any of the new images turn out I will post them in the coming days. During my visit today with dad he looked in good shape, he was eating talking and sharing memories. He has lost around 30lbs but is still in decent overall condition considering all he has been through. Dad does not have a lot of energy and has trouble walking but he is a fighter, a strong man, cancer will not take him easy, he will go down swinging.

I have to buy my air ticket to Asia next month if I want to be able to travel on my booked holidays. I now plan on cancelling that 7 week trip and stay in Canada to be with my father. Now is dad's time, he is all that matters. I want to be with him and and want to help him all I can. This Saturday I will go to a family wedding he cannot attend, I will make a video for him so that he can enjoy it at home later. Dad  loves wedding, what the food is like, the music, what people wear, how the bride and groom look, seeing all his old friends etc. I will capture all that on the video for him.