Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Starting A Rental Darkroom?

I am unsure if I will set up a rental darkroom, I have all the equipment I need in storage so its just a matter of setting up the space. I have 3 or 4 enlargers I could put in the room, extra trays, safe lights, timers, 2 sinks, bottles, graduates, thermometers, washers etc etc. In fact I might have enough stuff to set up 3 darkrooms. I have always collected backups for almost everything so that if something goes down, I have a fall back position. Now I might be able to use those backups to make a bit of extra money.

I was thinking of doing it at dad and moms home in the basement. I am not sure if it will be a financial success thou. I would have to charge at least $20 an hour, and provide basic chemistry. If I could get 2 people or so a month using it, it might make financial sense. I do not want to rent my personal darkroom, it's to personal and important a room for me. My darkroom is my favourite place in the works, having strangers in there seems wrong. Setting up a well equiped neutral space seems the only way to go rental wise.