Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Earlier Freedom To Photograph

I am trying to figure out as many ways to make money as I can, so that I can leave security sooner and head off to Asia to make pictures. I am 50 and running out of time to achieve my life goals of creating an important lasting body of photographic work. The soonest now that I can leave is around 54 years old and that would only be a partial retirement. I would still have to work at least 6 months out of every year as a guard on my return to Canada, probably until I am into my mid 60s. 

I am not sure any of this is even possible as I would have to live 4-6 months in Asia on $10000 CAD. I do not mind staying in the cheapest places and eating the cheapest foods, if I make good photographs as a result it's all worth it. My life is devoted to my photography so I need to find some way to make this all work out. I need to get this going before I am to old and feeble to travel, carry the equipment and create.