Sunday, June 15, 2014

Photo Story: Long Thai Gogo Bar Sex Worker, Thailand 2009

This photo is of a girl front he bars named Long, a sweet person who told me about her life during one rather emotional photo session in her pink apartment. I have written about long before, please check the earlier photo story about her here.

http://gerryyaum.blogspot.ca/2014/05/photo-story-long-in-her-room-thailand.html

I reposted this image as a reminder to myself that in the future I need to do more colour work with the 8x10 and white background. I had a maybe 50+ sheets of colour I could have shot in 2012 but made the mistake of not doing so (followed poor advise), next time out I will shoot all my remaining colour neg film. I love the detail in the colour you get in her lips, eyes and freckles. The tiny Thai king pendant she where is also works better in colour. I should have probably shot this without the shirt, just bare shoulders as I find the shirt a bit of a distraction. A tighter composition might also have helped. Maybe I can shoot the next round with the 250mm Fuji (this was a 300mm Nikon) up closer with bare shoulders and some distortion from the lens. I am not sure I will have a long enough bellows for focus but it might work.

Lek 27 Gogo Bar Sex Worker, Thailand 2009