Monday, June 30, 2014

Made Dad A Video

Yesterday I showed dad some video footage I shot at a family wedding he could not attend because of his health. Dad really enjoyed the hour plus long video and was watching it for a second time with mom when I left him. He did not eat much of anything yesterday but he did enjoy watching the wedding reception. Dad has always enjoyed going to weddings, I am so glad I was able to show this last one to him. He was lying sick in bed staring at the ceiling when I came over but when I told him about he video he quickly came right over to the family room to watch it.

I also packaged up all the raw video footage and burned it on DVD to give to the bride and groom. My hope is they will combine it with the other videos they have plus the film stills to make up a nice little movie for themselves and their children. I love doing this kind of stuff, have always loved documenting things, even simple stuff like weddings. I would still like to do an important documentary film sometime in my life, hopefully that is also eventually in the cards. With modern tech making documentaries seem possible, even from a beginner like myself.