Friday, December 31, 2010

Thinking Back

Exciting times! Feel so blessed to have the opportunities I do. Today am thinking back to Weaw's father, a decent man, a good man, what opportunities did he have? He only could become a farmer and live the life he now leads, he had only one road to follow. When I offered him 500 baht after staying there (3 nights) he jumped back with shock saying "MAI OWE!!!" (Not Want!!!) I had to force the money on him, even thou he is poor and needed the money he did not expect it and did not want it. He reacted so instinctively with the "MAI OWE", the quick back movement hands raised, it sort of surprised me! The loudest I heard the man speak was when he was turning down money. I want my "Khon Thai" photographs to show men like this and to pay tribute to them, I want to create a lasting memory of who they were.

Got to start saving money and get back to Thailand soon!