Saturday, January 1, 2011

Found Gold!

Went searching through my garage freezers tonight and found some gold! I have two freezers in my car garage outside loaded with films and papers from years past that I have picked up from different sources. Tonight I went looking for some color 8x10 photo paper to use for contacting the recent ring-flash color sex worker heads. While digging my way through the ice I found:

- 8x10 Tri-x, 50 sheet box (Kodak does not even make 50 sheet boxes anymore only 10 sheet boxes)
- 8x10 J&C 400, 150 sheets (J&C has been out of business for several years now)

I can use the JandC and maybe the Tri-x if I continue the Sex Worker on white background photographs.

More importantly today I found some 11x14 Fujifilm Printing Material and a 50 sheet box of 16x20 Fujifilm SG Printing Material (given to me by a friend 5 + years ago). This paper has a very unique high gloss look to it, a look I think will work well with the ring-flash heads. I can now make the kind of color prints I want for the group show in May (if I decide to go with the color photographs), I found gold tonight!