Thursday, December 16, 2010

Evil Jing Joks

I have a farang friend that is a bit afraid of Thai jing joks (little lizard like creatures that scamper around up and down walls and roofs in Thai buildings of all types).

I never really gave them a second thought. I knew a girl once who had a boyfriend named Sammy and I used to call the jing jok in my room that name to tease her but that was about the extent of my jing jok involvement.

That all changed when one interrupted my meal in Chiang Kong. I was enjoying my meal at a table overlooking the Mekong when I felt something fall on my shoulder I looked up at the roof and saw nothing, then a bit to later something fell to my right on the table. Looking up this time I recognized the culprit, Mr Jing Jok! He was hanging upside down on the metal roof above the table.

I think the little sucker took a crap on me!