Friday, December 17, 2010

4x5 in Bangkok

Shot the 4x5 today on the Bangkok streets for the first time. Did some portraits of people on a bridge. I was walking about with the 4x5 and tripod and thought - how can I photograph people? what is the best way to do this? The sky was overcast creating a nice even soft box light and I thought - hey why not set up a little studio on this walking bridge. I composed the picture then just waited for someone visually strong to walk by. Spent more time waiting than shooting but I do not have much film left so waiting was much of an issue. Ended up photographing about 5 people.

I reloaded film and will go out tomorrow again when I have good light one last time. I have 14 sheets of Tri-x left and my first 16 sheets of color Portra loaded, I want to experiment with a bit of color film this trip as well.