Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Buddhist Teacher

Photographed a old very thin man sitting outside his slum shack next to the train tracks. The man was extremely thin, I asked him his name and his age but he seemed to ignore those questions. He did talk extensively to me about Buddhism and various famous monks ( some of which I understand most of which I did not). The man was obviously a devoted Buddhist and even invited me into his very small home (like a closet) to see all the Buddhist monk photos and drawing he had placed on the walls. There was also an old lady (his wife?) laying on the floor who got angry when he accidentally stepped on her, she seemed a bit shocked when she saw me standing next to her husband.

Before I left the old man saw that I had some dirt on the knees of my pants and he gently brushed the dirt away.