Wednesday, December 1, 2010

African Sex Workers

There is a growing trend of African sex workers in Thailand. Last year on Sukhumvit road in Bangkok I noticed maybe 4 or 6 such workers, last night there were well over 20 maybe 30 African working girls. Two different ladies grabbed my hand and pulled me toward them to talk, they spoke very clear English and both were from Kenya. I liked both ladies and had friendly talks with both, I wished them good luck and moved on. One lady who I talked to was named Ousha and was about 30 years old and quite pretty and polite she said she also had a friend from Uganda who worked the street. There are also many Russians working the street areas, is Bangkok becoming an international market for sex workers? I wonder what Sukhumvit street will be like in 10 years? Who will be working there? and from which countries?