Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Shopping, Watch And Tailored Suit/Jacket/Shirt

Yesterday here in Bangkok as I was feeling better I did a bit of shopping. Picked a very nice Citizen's brand watch, the cost was 10000 baht ($400 CAD), I got it at at 50% discount for 5000 baht with an added VAT discount of 250 baht (will pick that up at the airport). Total cost of the watch was $196.32 CAD.

I also got me a tailored clothing at a local tailor shop. I have not that in Thailand since 2003 with mom and dad.

-  A tailored dark navy blue suit with pants (I have an off the rack black suit I work for dad's funeral back home).
- A tailored black whitish sports jacket.
- A tailored light blue long sleeve shirt.

The total cost of everything was around $500 CAD. I am at about limit  for what I can bring back into Canada now. I also have some trip gifts for others (scarfs, chocolates, some Paris wallets) and some books I bought for myself (photography, language).

My shopping is about done. I will wear the watch all the time, and the suit and or sports jacket is for my coming exhibitions, artist talks. Will go semi formal/casual, these clothes minus ties.