Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Pool Sex? Wild Brazilian Sex? Black On White Sex?

Gerry's still got it! I think!? Here is today's rather weird tale.

So I head down to the pool in my hotel here in Bangkok at 10 am for a swim before the 2 pm check out time and a strange thing happens. I have just started to do my underwater swimming when I look up and a 35ish year old African lady is standing up over me, looking down and speaking to me. What? I am a bit confused by her quick approach. She asks me my name, asks me where I will go next on my trip, asks me where I am from. I have a hard time hearing here as I next to a small waterfall in the pool. She tells me her name, she is single, that is he from San Paulo Brazil and that she will travel to Phuket Thailand later that day. She asks me what floor my room is on then tells me her room number. I am sort of standing there in pool with my mouth hanging open trying to figure out what to say and do. Then she says 'YOUR LOVELY"  (with a big smile of white teeth) we should spend some time together as friends, black on white. I tell her I have someone already, that I have a girl. She does not seem to care, she does not seem to have heard me.

Now I am not a prudish guy, am pretty open minded, have seen most every thing sexual in Thailand (when I was doing my SEX WORKER series of photographs). Still this was a bit off putting, a bit shocking. I was sort of lost for words, I mumbled out a few things, not a yes to wild black on white sex, not a no to wild black on white sex, just a sort of  confused "I am here for swimming, a "I just want to swim" response. She tells me to enjoy my swim and that she will wait for me. This lady then goes to the pool table where I have my towel and clothes and sits down and  waits, watching me. Now I am trying to swim in the pool thinking "What the f-ck! Do I do?" I swim for several minutes in this rather confused state. I had no desire to have quickie one night stand sex with a stranger but how to get out of this rather sticky situation. I figured I cannot lead this lady on, cannot leave her sitting at my table expecting wild crazy fornication with a "lovely" white boy, I have to do something, At that point she yells across the pool to me "How's the water?" and gives me that big smile again. I mumble back "Its fine, thanks".

I think it over a bit more then I swim over and get out of the pool and try to speak to her. We go over some of the same ground a second time, I ask her a bit about Brazil, and find out she speaks Portuguese also speaks French and English. A smart lady who looks like she she has money as her pool outfit is rather nice and stylish. So now I am I there sitting beside her dripping water (this sort of reminds me of a scene in 'The Graduate" she being the experienced seductress Mrs Robinson, me being virginal Benjamin Braddock) and she tells me again 'Your Lovely!" (with a big smile) I think she told me the "Lovely" thingy 3 maybe 4 times. She then asks me to be with her as a friend and says "Lets go!". I change the subject, talk of something else, she gets back to it and before I know she says "Lets go!" again. I screw up some nerve and tell her that I already have a girl and am not really the kind of guy who goes with people I do not know (did not use the word sex).  I tell her I need to know the person better and that I want to be true to my woman. She tells me it is OK the other girl will never know. I then tell her, sorry that she was beautiful but this (going to rooms for sex with strangers) was not really my type of thing .

She was disappointed, a bit put off. How many times had she done this before with success? I tried to talk of other things, tried to make it a bit easier for her, but she was definitely put off by my rejection now. She  suddenly told me she needed to get a beer and basically sprinted out of the pool area. She did not return. I swam for another 15 minutes or so then went to my room. A rather bizarre thingy maybe the last of these type approaches during my lifetime. My 54th birthday is just over 1 week away. Kind of a nice compliment that a stranger, an attractive woman, would approach me for sex and say, think that I was "Lovely!". It is nice to be considered "Lovely" at almost 54 years of age. Guess I still got it, sort of still "got it" anyway.

Hope I did not hurt her feeling too much. She seemed like a nice person. I would have liked to get to know her better and to photograph her. A wacky experience, a unique way to be ending my time in Asia.

Mrs. Robinson and Benjamin Braddock