Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Next 16x20 Holder Will Be Czech!

Am going to get my next 16x20 holder made in the Czech Republic! Contacted my man there (Filip) who is going to make a holder for me to test for $315 USD (free shipping). That is a lot cheaper than the $695 USD (charged shipping) Chinese made version. If this works out and it should, I will probably buy between 3-5 more from him.

My film holders from the Czech republic will have aluminum dark slides so will  probably be a bit weaker and a bit heavier (Chinese Chamonix holders of carbon fibre dark slides) but gosh I will be paying less than half the cost. On a guards salary I need to cut as many corners as I can. As long as the holder is light tight and fully functional I will be OK with it. After all the idea is to make pictures and tell important stories not accumulate pretty gear.