Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bought A Lensboard For The Carl Vandyk Brass Petzval Lens

Got a me a wooden mahogany lens board tonight, cost was $28 USD. I had to get a new board with a 3 inch size hole (bigger than Copal #3) for the Carl Vandyk brass petzval lens. This board should be great. It is made of a very strong wood that should hold the weight of the lens, the 4 screws and the retaining ring. In the past there was a semi serious photog guy I knew who generously made up plastic lens boards for me but they were sort of have assed, of low quality and would not take screws. This newly bought mahogany wood board should last me the lifetime shooting of the lens, plus its pretty, :)). I will be able to photograph and test it on my Deardorff soon. If I find the lens has extra coverage I will get a wood board for it that fits my 11x14 camera.

African mahogany lens board