Tuesday, August 16, 2016

First Things First!

I am getting a way ahead of myself with all the gear buying lately and talk of mobile darkrooms in cube vans etc. First things first I have to become a lot better at wet plate, I am still a rank beginner. So to get things going I will start things smaller, first 4x5, 8x10 plates, and a mobile darkroom in a ice fishing tent. I picked a nice portable 4 foot rubbermaid table today at Costco for $45 tonight. Plan to use it in the tent. I am now in the market for a used ice fishing tent!! I will then get the chemistry and glass plates and I am off. Learn, learn, learn Gerry! Photograph, photograph, photograph!! Fun, fun fun!!!

Note* The Quikfish 3i has some kind of insulation in it, might be too HOT for my purposes, but could be darker. I might go with the Quickfish 3 (no insulation). Even after when I get my darkroom on wheels this tent could be quite valuable in certain situations.

Eskimo Quickfish 3i Ice fishing tent, or as I call it "MY LEARNING DARKROOM!"