Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Got My First Chamonix 16x20 Film Holder

I got my first 16x20 film holder today. It is the most expensive film holder I have ever bought, an astounding $695 USD!!!! It is also the lightest, best made and most beautiful film holder I have ever owned, it even comes with its own padded bag. I will probably have to get 2 more of these holders but will first try my cheaper Czech Republic option. I have a builder there who says he can make me something comparable for around $400 USD each. Will see how that goes. 3 holders should be more than enough, you tend to be more selective and shoot more carefully with ULF film, especially something as big as 16x20 film.

Note* The dark slide for the holder is made of carbon fibre, it TINGS when you hit it your finger nail, remarkable!
Note** This is my first of 2 shipments from Chamonix. The next one will have the wet plate 16x20 back and the adapters to also allow 16x16 and 16x20.

My new very large, carbon fibre and wood 16x20 Chamonix film holder