Sunday, July 31, 2016

Preview Of "Gerry Yaum At Work" Portrait Exhibition Book

Here is the first 27 pages of my "Gerry Yaum At Work" Portrait  exhibition magazine/book. I have been working on this layout over the last few night shifts. I expect the pages below to be about 1./3 of the books final size. All picture files are of required MB, and this is the near final cut. I might change out some photos, alter pic size, adjust contrast and lighten/darken things a bit.

The goal of this book is simply to allow the gallery viewer at the AGSA a chance to see a larger body of the photos I have made in my lifetime. Most of the photos below are pretty current but a few date back to the mid 80s. On the opposite page of the photo is a simple grey title which I tried to keep short.

Note* I will also be adding an essay to the front of the book, which I have partly completed.
Note** The photos in these 27 pages were made with 7 different cameras ranging from 35mm to 8x10. I do buy a lot of equipment but I also tend to actively use a lot of equipment, so it generally works out in the end.
Update* Been thinking I might try sending this booklet out as a gift (advertising) to some of the head honchos at Canada's better gallery/museums. Depending on the cost to print the thing, it might be a good investment, and help eventually get the photographs and the lives of the people in the photographs out to a larger audience. Their stories need to be told, my obligation to them needs to be fulfilled.
Update** After viewing the photos on this blog a few times I decided to lighten the darkness and lesson the contrast of the "Old man, working dump, Mae Sot Thailand 2016" picture below. I knew this blog was a good dealy thingy! and would help my photography.